I am a computer security researcher and member of the teaching staff of Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics of University of Thessaly. My main research interests are post processing of intrusion detection alerts and privacy in the web 2.0 and social networks.
I am mainly interested in computer security. My main focus is network security and especially network intrusion detection systems. I work on post-processing of intrusion detection alerts, in order to improve their quality.
Apart from that I am also interested in privacy in modern web. I am working on anonymization techniques, homomorphic encryption and decentralization of existing services through disruptive technologies such as the blockchain.
I am also interested in security and privacy issues arising in the internet of things and big data areas.
|2014-now||Member of the teaching staff, Department of Informatics and Biomedicine, University of Thessaly|
|2009-2014||Member of the technical staff, Department of Informatics and Biomedicine, University of Thessaly|
|2005-2009||Computer Systems Administrator, University of Central Greece|
|2007-2013||Phd in Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus|
|2004-2005||Msc in Computer Sciene, University of Edinburgh|
|1996-2002||Diploma of Electrical and Computing Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki|
During fall semester of 2014-2015 academic year I teached Software engineering course to students of the 5th semester of Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics.
During spring semester of 2014-2015 academic year I teached Security of computer systems course to students of the 8th semester of Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics and Security and privacy of HIS to students of the Msc in Computational Biomedicine.
- Georgios P. Spathoulas, Sokratis K. Katsikas, Methods for post-processing alerts in intrusion detection : A survey , International Journal of Information Security Science, 2(2), 64-80.
- Georgios P. Spathoulas, Sokratis K. Katsikas, "Enhancing IDS performance through comprehensive alert post-processing", Computers & Security, Volume 37, September 2013, Pages 176-196, ISSN 0167-4048
- Spathoulas, G.P., Katsikas, S.K., "Reducing false positives in intrusion detection systems" (2010) Computers & Security, 29 (1), pp. 35-44.
- Chamatidis Ilias, Katsika Aggeliki and Spathoulas Georgios. "Using deep learning neural networks for ECG based authentication." 2017 International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology (ICCST), Madrid, Spain, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Spathoulas, Georgios and Vennou, Paraskevi and Loukidis, Alexandros. "Privacy Preserving Platform for Profitable Mobile Crowd Sensing and Users' Adoption." Proceedings of the 21st Pan-Hellenic Conference on Informatics. ACM, 2017.
- Myridakis, Dimitrios and Spathoulas, Georgios and Kakarountas, Athanasios. "Supply Current Monitoring for Anomaly Detection on IoT Devices." Proceedings of the 21st Pan-Hellenic Conference on Informatics. ACM, 2017.
- Chioktour, Vasileios and Spathoulas, Georgios and Kakarountas, Athanasios "Systolic Binary Counter Using a Cellular Automaton-based Prescaler." Proceedings of the 21st Pan-Hellenic Conference on Informatics. ACM, 2017.
- Goutsias, Konstantinos, Georgios Spathoulas, and Ioannis Anagnostopoulos. "Testing scalability and performance of decentralized on-line social networks." Proceedings of the 20th Pan-Hellenic Conference on Informatics. ACM, 2016.
- Spathoulas, Georgios, Sokratis K. Katsikas, and Anastasios Charoulis. "A Test-Bed for Intrusion Detection Systems Results Post-processing." Public Key Infrastructures, Services and Applications. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2014. 170-183.
- Spathoulas, Georgios P., and Sokratis K. Katsikas. "Using a fuzzy inference system to reduce false positives in intrusion detection." Systems, Signals and Image Processing, 2009. IWSSIP 2009. 16th International Conference on. IEEE, 2009.
...you can reach me through mail at gspathoulas [at] dib [dot] uth [dot] gr
...you give me a call at 0030 22310 66926
... or you can post anything at
Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics, University of Thessaly, Papasiopoulou 2-4, Lamia, 35100, Greece